Greetings faithful readers!
Life here in Jiln continues to go well. Today one of my long standing prayers has finally been answered. I am typing this post from the comfort of my own room!
Yes, indeed, I fially have internet access in my room. It took two whole months, but I must say, it is well worth the wait.
I have always had the ability to connect to the internet from my room, but now I finally have the computer to connect with. I brought my Apple laptop with me to China, but the problem is, most people in China do not have Apple computers, and almost everyone here runs off of Windows. So the connection softeware needed to connect to the internet was designed for Windows, not Apple. It took me two months of trying a million different ways to connect to finally break down and buy a computer with Windows on it.
I had one of my students take me out to the local Computer Market. He had a friend wh worked at one of the stores, and he gave me fair price. I bought a second hand PC for 800 Yuan, roughly $100 US. It's pretty old, and as bare bones as possible, but it runs and it goes online, so I am happy.
Thanks to all of you who have been keeping this concern in your prayers. I really appreciate the support, and I am proud to announce, though it should be no surprise to anyone, that God has once again been faithful to those who call on Him. Praise be to Him.
So, does this mean I will be updating my blog more frequently? Probably not. It just means I no longer have as reliable an excuse as before for my lack of updates. :-) But I'll do what I can.
God Bess,
Aaron


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home