Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm Alive...


Hey Folks,

It's been a busy couple weeks here in ZJ. The semester is wrapping up and that means grades need to be calculated, exams need to be written and administered, and many many events need to be attended.

I know I haven't written a lot the last few weeks, but it's not for lack of anything interesting to write about. Quite the opposite in fact. There's been so many fantastic events going on that I haven't been able to sit down and chronicle them all. For example...
  • The Russian ballet coming to town...
  • The Guangdong Opera coming to town...
  • America's pastime becoming to China's passion...
  • Being mobbed by middle-school autograph seekers and needing to be forcibly escorted from the school...
  • Appearing in the local newspaper...
  • Appearing on the local TV news station...
  • Falling in love with a bunch of toothless primary-schoolers...
But rest assured - eventually I will get around to narrating the month's adventures. I have dozens of pictures just waiting to be shown, and many more stories to be told. Please be patient. :-)

As you can see from the above photo, Christmas is quickly entering everyone's consciousness, even here in China. Here are a few more Christmas-related pics to tide you over until I can post a real entry...

Christmas Cards! These were made for me by a class of ten year-olds at a local primary school I visited recently, so the spelling/grammar is a work in progress, but there is more TLC put into these cards than any I've ever received.

Merry Christmas? Best Wishs? Someone needs to be more assertive in their holiday greetings! And yes, it looks like they are wishing me a "Memy" Christmas, but I think their 'r's are just a little close together. At least their Christmas tree is very happy. :-)

Pear Aaron? Hey, as long as I'm lovely, I'm happy. :-D

My pathetic excuse for a Christmas tree.

Stay tuned....

-Aaron

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM , Blogger Ole said...

Pear Godfather,

cx ,jm 77, n 7 3gx- g0 8erm,vcum j0vmujh**


-love Simon

**translation: My Dad and I just read your blog! Hilarious! Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you didn't buy the blue tree. Egads! Mr. Trout looks very happy in his China surroundings. Couldn't figure out how to pack a few snowballs. XOXO

 
At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Hollidays, We missed you but were very much thinking of you. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I'm sure it will be a wonderfull New Year.... Luv from us all. Uncle LU

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home