Chillaxin' in Stanley
Hey All,
Safe and sound in Hong Kong. I slept the entire Seoul/Hong Kong leg of the journey (there weren't any movies to watch). All my bags arrived, which is always a good thing. Kevin Clancy (MCSP Program Director) was waiting up for me, and we had a nice visit. There's still plenty of catching up to be done. Ben Eilers, fellow Johnny and fellow future Zhanjiang resident, is already here, and it was great seeing him. I also got to meet Radhika, one of the girls who will be teaching in Jilin this coming year. Tonight I have to go to the airport to pick up three more of the incoming teachers. Pretty soon the House will be bustling with activity and excitement. But for now it is as beautiful and serene as I remembered.
I had breakfast this morning with the one and only Fr. Brian Barrons. He's looking as good as anyone of his advanced age can. :-) His Tigers are fulfilling my prophecy of them being 12 games out of first place by the 23rd, which I appreciate. We had a nice go around of the sports world. It's nice to know some things never change.
Today I plan on showing Radhika and Ben around HK, and then making my over to the airport later tonight. We pretty much have the weekend to ourselves to settle in and explore the city. Orientation starts on Monday. I think we're going to have a pretty good group this year. Kevin said the ratio between veterans and newcomers is 1-1, which is pretty ideal.
Like I mentioned last night, I've done a pretty good job of spoiling you all with so many posts this week, and we'll see how long the streak can continue. I'm thinking things are going to get a lot busier soon, but I'll try my best to keep you all 'posted' (pun very much intended.).
Till then....



2 Comments:
Glad to hear you're safe and sound! Mom had better be reading these updates...she wouldn't believe there were so many so soon if she didn't see them with her own eyes:-) For real though, it's great to read your posts and see pieces of your life's adventures!
Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing! Love you bro!
Chillaxin' isn't one of your favorite words?! I'm loving all these updates Voth!
dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home