Monday, February 16, 2009

New Beginnings, New Adventures, Niu Year...

Greetings, my long lost readers! It has indeed been awhile. And if it wasn't for my good friend/fellow blogger/Aisian Sensation Dan Dooher's prodding, it might have been a while longer (I'm still waiting for your post Sensai ;-). But here I am, and here we go...

The end of the year in Zhanjiang was a mad rush to administer, correct, and submit all of our final exams/grades. Combine that with numerous end-of-the-semester festivities and Winter Break Vacation plans, it was simply too hectic for me to blog. As usual, though, it was not for lack of things to post about. In time I will do my best to post some of those pictures and stories from my last few weeks in Zhanjiang.

For my winter holiday I went up to Jilin to celebrate the Chinese New Year, visit old friends, and see some snow! It was a very relaxing, reunion-filled three weeks. Everyone is doing great up in the Frozen North, and eventually I'll get some pictures posted, along with some stories from my trip.

Now I'm back in Hong Kong. Typically I'd be here resting from all of my travels and preparing to head back to my school to begin the second semester, but that will not be the case this time around.

Maryknoll has offered me (and I have accepted) the position of Assistant Coordinator of the Education Program here in Hong Kong. I will be working under Kevin Clancy to assist him in the recruitment, training, placement, and support of the Maryknoll volunteer teachers in China. Eventually the plan is for me to take over as the Coordinator of the Teaching Program when Kevin moves on to bigger and better things.

This is a dream come true for me, and I am honored and exited by the opportunities this position will offer me. The main goal in my life these last four years has been to use the gifts God has given me to serve the people of China, and this new role will allow me to continue that mission in exiting new ways. I am so grateful for all the family, friends, and associates who have helped me achieve this dream through their prayers, support, and encouragement these last few years. I would not be here today without all of you.

That's all for now, but stay tuned because there are planty of updates coming in the weeks and months ahead.

The "adventure" continues....

-Aaron

P.S. This is what I wake up to each morning. Talk about "roughing it."

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Blogger Matthew Fitzgerald said...

Aaron - that's awesome. Congratulations. I couldn't think of a better man to fill Kevin's shoes. Just make sure you keep your eyes open for those Villanova people ... they're good people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home