Hey Guys,
Just thought I would point out that today marks the three month aniversary of my arrival in China (please, hold your applause). And since then, it seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.
Pastor Paul has already followed me out East, President Bush will be here in a few days, and I just found out that Governor Pawlenty is here right now. Seems like everyone wants a piece of the action.
Which makes you all the lucky ones.
See, all you have to do is read this blog regularly, and it's like you're in China. Heck, this way, you won't even have to learn how to use chopsticks!
Just a little service I like to call, "Aaron's Adventures in China."
(Did I ever tell you guys what I wanted to name this blog? I originally entitled is, "Aaron's Shanghai Shenanigans," but I was afraid everyone would get confused, since I'm not actually living in Shanghai. Plus, I'm not really sure if I was spelling shenanigans right...)
So yeah, three months down, six or seven or eight to go. No sweat. (Literally; it's too cold here to sweat.) But seriously, I'm having a ball, I'm looking forward to visiting some fellow Maryknollers in Shenyang this weekend, I'm gearing up for Thanksgiving, I don't have bird flu, and Mom - whatever you read in Brian's blog about chemical explosions, I'm fine.
Though I realize now you probaby have no idea what I'm talking about and are freaking out because of it. Oops. Sorry. :-D
Well, I'd better get to bed. Hope you all have a great day.
I'm Off like bug spray.


2 Comments:
Hello Aaron,
For some reason I keep bumping into what is left of your family at WLC, perhaps because of the large number of Voths, minus one (the age-old [n-1] problem). The constant bumping recently reminded me that you are making your fortune in the Far East these days, so I went to your website today and discovered almost all of The Library of Congress recorded there by you, week by week it seems. At least it is not in Chinese symbols which I originally mastered last year, but now have forgotten due to my old age. I asked the 7-8th grade confirmands last Wednesday how old they thought I was (my BD was Nov 9), and the first two guesses were in the 80’s. So I gave them all a pop quiz just to show them who was boss. You might try that on your students, and then try a 3’ ruler on their hands if they remain unruly. That last tip I learned from the Elders Manual of WLC, Martin Luther editor in chief.
Speaking of confirmation classes, you might like to know that I am using lots of your email jokes and questions, which severely annoys the kids so I thank you from the upper-left of my heart. I have no idea how you maintain control of your classes because I never have been able to do that here, with the one exception of when I brought the fully-loaded bow and arrow to the front of the church for Trinity and asked for a volunteer to hold the apple on his/her head. That great session worked out well for me because the rest of the teachers decided to give me the rest of the year off, with pay mind you. Once again, this might prove useful in your Longlake Province classes. But your legacy lives on even though I take complete credit for any jokes the kids actually like.
The next time you are near the ocean, either due to poor GPS coordinates on your bike treks or a rather large earthquake which might just bring the ocean to you, why not pick up some of those unusual sea creatures you sent photos to me of last year? (Try to diagram that last sentence.) I realize that most of them probably live in Powers Lake, but I am getting too old to do night maneuvers anymore, so your youthful agility comes to mind as the next-best solution. Thanks. Your Dad said that any creatures over 500 lbs would be shipped by him gratis, so don’t worry about weight or mass (I get those two confused) when you dip your arm into the warm salt water.
Glad to hear that your wandering eye has spotted some really tall 5’8” beauties on campus, and that they would make wonderful wives. Just to let you know, I believe that is allowed in another Lutheran Synod, but not here at WLC according to M. Luther again. There might be a recent update to that statute, however, so I will look into it this Sunday when I ask all of the pastors about how many wives can comfortably fit at the front during a normal LCMS wedding. With any luck I might just get relieved of my Wednesday teaching duties, with full pay.
When Sabbann’s left for China, I gave them a broken 30” adjustable wrench Made In China, and asked them to get a replacement if they could. I picked up the wrench after they aimed it in my direction, and I was wondering if you had the time to get it fixed for me? Most cities in China have several fix-wrench facilities, one of which is probably in the Yellow Pages for sure. I’ll be sending it COD to your boss, so be sure to ask him/her to be on the lookout and ready with a few yen(?) as a tip to the delivery boy. Here’s another tip: I could use some large boules of optical glass too, from the Night-Vision shop right next to the fix-wrench facility. Those might weigh a little more than the cuttle-fish you will be dragging from the warm ocean, but I am sure someone with your strength (not to mention the several wives-to-be) can handle it.
Well, that’s about all the recent news here from the MN Correctional Facility. My ankle bracelet looks just like the one that Martha Stewart wore, so I am pretty proud. With any luck I should be out in time for the next total solar eclipse (2017), so I am starting plans for observing that event. If you have the time, and the wives let you out on evenings, you might want to find a friend at the Night-Vision glass shop and see if you can get a good view of Mars in the –20F skies of Spongynoodle Province. It is supposed to be pretty good right now, but the bars in the windows get in my way for some reason. Send me a photo if you get one. Send me two photos if you get two.
Visiting hours are almost over in the Break Room, so I have to sign off for now. I sure wish I was in China living the life of luxury with you, and the authorities say there still is a possibility that the prisoner-exchange program with the Chinese Province of OneToothRee will be finalized before too long, and maybe I can see you once again. That province is on the way to the ocean, so just follow the GPS coordinates and you will be fine.
Cell Block 81, Inmate #5551212 (AKA, Dave Stoltzmann)
I don't know who Dave Stoltzman is, or whether or not he's really in prison, but from here on to forever he is my HERO.
Though I haven't any idea about his relation to M. Voth, I can't help but laugh at the genius of all his inside jokes!
That's all I've got to say about that. Goodnight. :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home