Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Hi-di Ho Neighbors,

Well, Typhoon Nuri came and went. It got up to a Level 10 (which is the highest it can get), but we didn't really see the effects of it. To be honest, it wasn't nearly as death-defyingly awesome as I had hoped it would be. Most of my fellow Minnesotans and I were left a little disappointed. I think the fact that we are so high up from the sea had something to do with it. But there was a whole lot of debris lying out in the yard this morning. But at least now I can say I survived a Level 10 Typhoon. That's almost as impressive as being a Level 10 Buffoon! *rimshot!*

Today it's still raining, but the typhoon threat has passed. Everyone is hanging around the House again today. I need to leave in a little bit to pick up another new teacher from the airport. I believe she also will be heading up to my old stomping grounds of Jilin. Fr. Brian just stopped by to say goodbye. He's heading back up to Jilin today. It's was great having a chance to catch up with him here in HK. (P.S. He liked the rice.)

And finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish a very special birthday greetings to Maddie Bodell. Or as we say here in the Far East, "Zhu Ni Sheng Ri Kuai Le!!!!" And I'm not the only one who is thinking of her today, as these pictures below demonstrate:

"I need to hurry up and make it to Maddie's Birthday Party!"

"Birthday dance for Maddie, birthday dance for Maddie!"



Later peeps!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great "big brother-by-nanny"
you are! REALLY enjoying all these great posts.
XO~M

 
At 5:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, you're the best!!
This definately made her day!
She loved the pictures:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home