Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Dark Knight

Nimen Hao,

Things are going well in Hong Kong. I picked up the last of the new teachers at the airport this evening. He's another Johnnie, and the poor guy was stuck in the Vancouver Airport for two whole days because of the typhoon. But he's safe and sound at the House now.

This morning after Mass we all went out for a traditional "dim sum" dinner. There was so much food, it was delish. It's now been nine hours since we ate and I'm still full. It was kind of fun watching all the new teachers eat and struggle to adapt to the strange foods and chopstick usage. Brought back fond memories of my own first dim sum a few years ago.
After dim sum a few of us walked around Central Hong Kong for awhile and then we went and saw "The Dark Knight." Again. For Ben and myself it was our third viewing, but the girls had never seen it before, and they're now huge fans. But probably the best part of the whole experience was this: you know how there's that scene in the film that takes place in Hong Kong where Batman jumps off of one building and into another? It looks something like this:


In reality there is a mall that connects the two buildings, and the theater we watched it at today is located in said mall. It was like Batman was jumping right over our heads. I know, so sweet.


Now we're all just hanging out, gearing up for the start of Orientation tomorrow. While it's been nice to have the last few days to rest and explore, I think everyone is anxious to get cracking. I think it will be a good week of sessions.


Well, gotta go pick out a movie to watch.


Zaijian.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM , Blogger Listen Think Speak said...

I am Batman!

;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home