Friday, April 17, 2009

A Journey of 1,000里

As long-time readers of this blog well know, from time to time I invite other teachers to submit guest posts to this blog. I keep this practice for a number of reasons: because I always strive for journalistic objectivity, because I get tired of hearing my own voice all the time, because I'm lazy, etc. The following post was taken from part of an email I recently received from my good friend and fellow '05 Maryknoller Patrick Ruszkowski. Enjoy!


"One thing I just learned today was the origin of (the Lao Tzu quote) 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.'

"It's actually a bad translation, or not what I read it as. It should say, 'a journey of a thousand li (like a kilometer) begins underneath your feet.'

"As if we are all beginning journeys all the time, or at anytime we can begin; we don't have to do anything to start up. Close, but has a different feeling for me."




May your 1000journey be a blessed one this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home