Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Orient-ation

Hiya Hiya,

Orientation is in full swing now at the House. It should be a good week. Yesterday we went over a lot of basic stuff, and then in the afternoon we split up into groups based on our respective placements in China. Even though I'll be teaching in Zhanjiang, I sat in with the Jilin group to try and impart some wisdom in dealing with the Harvard of Songhua River.


Beihua Daxue, aka. "The St. John's of the Northeast"

I finally got a chance to meet the great Kevin Mills, one of the teachers who replaced me last year at Beihua. He'll be heading back up to the Frozen North this year, and I'm very happy about that. He seems like a great guy, and I'm sure the students up in Jilin love him.

Of course the most exciting event of the day was when the one, the only, the Queen of Canto-culture, the Darling of Dongbei, the Mistress of the Middle Kingdom, the irreplaceable, the indescribable, the undeniable, Ms. Anne Lim decided to grace us with her presence. This is an artists rendering of what happens to the hearts of all men when she walks into the room:

Needless to say, it was a reunion to remember.

Other than that, things have been good. Busy, but good. I think the group is really starting to bond nicely. Tonight Anne, James, Patrick, and myself (all Dongbei Vetrans) are heading into town to catch a meal and catch up on what everyone has been doing the last year. Should be a good time.

Sleep tight, folks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home